Thursday, February 16, 2023

Change 2/20

Our journey won’t be perfect as we follow Christ. At times I get disappointed and discouraged with my lack of wisdom or my frequent blunders. But His grace and mercy override my inadequate emotions and lack of confidence. This devotional is a good reminder that our goal is not perfection but it’s progress - in honoring Him. I’m not sure ‘success’ is always our calling, but to live on purpose for Him. Our journey in following Christ is not a one-time decision. It seems to be training to be faithful , that we might teach others to avoid our mistakes and live for Him.

“If we are going to learn to trust God in adversity, we must believe God will allow nothing to subvert His glory so He will allow nothing to spoil the good He is working out in us and for us.” - Jerry Bridges, Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...