Friday, February 10, 2023

Truth 2/14

 Am I reading this devotional for more information, or to click the checkbox on my to do list?  Or am I participating in the devotional, asking God to implant His word in my heart that I may honor Him, love Him, and obey Him?  These thoughts have circulated in my mind often, wondering if my motives each say really glorify Him. When our lives are over, we will not have an advanced placement exam to measure the information about the Bible. But know the word and sing it is so important, not leaning on the dusty chalkboard of this world, walking away with the chalk residue that filters into our clothes. 

“God’s people live on promises and not on explanations. When you trust God’s promises and step out by faith (v. 3), you can be sure that the Lord will give you the directions you need when you need them.” - Warren W. Wiersbe, Be Strong (Joshua)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 282

 Tests and trials are difficult to understand, and hard to endure. Paul could have been angry and bitter that he was in prison but he used h...