Friday, March 3, 2023

Falling in place

 I love this statement, "Things are not falling apart...things are falling in place."


Corrie ten Boom is one of my heroes. I only got to be with her one time. When she spoke to us about her experiences in the holocaust she would often look down while she talked. She did this because she was always working on a piece of needlepoint. After telling her story of the cruelty in the German concentration camps and the death of her father and sister, Corrie would hold up the needlepoint for everyone to see.


The backside of her handiwork was a jumble of colors and threads with no discernible pattern. With this came the observation that “this is how we see our lives.” She would then turn the needlepoint over to reveal the intended pattern visible on the front. Then Corrie would conclude by saying: “This is how God views your life and someday we will have the privilege of seeing it from His point of view.”


I've never forgot her words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...