Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Hearing God 8

 1) God’s impressions within…2) His word …3) coordinated by His Providence in circumstances, plus patience, waiting, and a restless alertness  ….is a fire that gets our attention to what God may be doing right in front of us. I’m not sure that this a guaranteed formula because the Holy Spirit is a mysterious movement that requires a watching faith and hope, built upon His love. I’ve had premonitions that I didn’t entirely trust, due to my lack of confidence. Other times I’ve sensed an overwhelming push to obey. Once I followed through, what joy and peace. David Platt suggests we immerse ourselves in the Scripture, pray with a passionate desperation spirit, and have a foundational belief that we are to glorify our Father, not enhancing our reputation, ego, or self importance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...