Thursday, April 6, 2023

Disciple Making 4/10

What does it mean to deny ourselves as we follow Christ?  Am I more infatuated with the American dream than responding to His commands?  I struggle with the sincerity of lifestyle. Am I really building God’s Kingdom or just playing church and fitting in to what is expected by our culture? I often am afraid for the future, wondering if my grandkids will be able to enjoy the same comforts I’ve grown up with. I worry about the health of family members and wonder if I’m seen as worthy of being called ‘Christian’. I hope my life is pleasing to Him but I’m confident He loves us

“As long as you and I understand salvation as checking off a box to get to God, we will find ourselves in the meaningless sea of world religions that actually condemn the human race by exalting our supposed ability to get to God. On the other hand, when you and I realize that we are morally evil, dead in sin and deserving of God's wrath with no way out on our own, we begin to discover our desperation for Christ.” - David Platt, Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...