Thursday, April 6, 2023

Disciple Making 4/9

I like the statement - “What we need to know is that making disciples is so much less about preaching to people and so much more about loving them enough to bring them to see the Savior we’ve found.” Those who lecture me about what decisions I should be making or how my values need to be adjusted are kept at a distance. I love to be around people who ask questions, listen to me, and seem to accept me for my struggles and weaknesses. I want to be the person who is calm, full of peace, accessible, and a non anxious presence. I do not want to make the noise and be the center of attention. The Holy Spirit does not draw attention to Himself but leads us to love Jesus more and more. May we be led by the Spirit, not our selfish desire for attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...