Monday, April 10, 2023

Hearing God 20

 I’m learning to write down my thoughts, verbally stating what have been conclusions to events or what I can be learning from experiences. Sometimes writing out thoughts pulls me out of a funk or helps sustain a connection to God’s leading. Writing down reflections in this devotional has been a huge help each day to remind me of this practice. I recently audited a seminary class on how to study the Bible, which emphasizes the need to write questions and conclusions. We easily forget what we are to learn but repeating thoughts in written form helps make it stick. Dallas Willard’s practice of writing out what he senses from the Holy Spirit is wisdom that produces a deeper dependence on Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...