Monday, April 10, 2023

Making Disciples 4/12

The challenge presented today is to take an honest assessment if I really want to follow Jesus because i think it will make my life easier or better…but I’m thinking it doesn’t. Easier might mean He is with me and will never leave. Better might mean eternal investments but more conflicts with the worldly system. I’m usually my own worst enemy about to be humbled with some kind of an issue. I need to be more disciplined and fervent in praying, relying on the help of the Holy Spirit, not myself


“God actually delights in exalting our inability. He intentionally puts his people in situations where they come face to face with their need for him.” - David Platt, Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream


No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...