Monday, April 10, 2023

Making Disciples 4/11

This statement jumped out at me:”Disciple-making disciples bring people to Jesus. Disciple-making disciples live surrendered to Jesus. And disciple-making disciples love others like Jesus.” What are some things we do that drive others away from Jesus? What do I do that repels others? I’m slowly learning how negativity and complaining among others makes me want to stay away. Evaluating my own conversation in that light is revealing! My judgmental stand on nonessential issues best be kept quiet. I must allow Him to speak through my conversation with unconditional love, hopefully with hope.

“We will not wish we had made more money, acquired more stuff, lived more comfortably, taken more vacations, watched more television, pursued greater retirement, or been more successful in the eyes of this world. Instead, we will wish we had given more of ourselves to living for the day when every nation, tribe, people, and language will bow around the throne and sing the praises of the Savior who delights in radical obedience and the God who deserves eternal worship.” - David Platt, Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...