Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Mountains 3

I like the following insight in today’s reading:  “It’s up to us to pace ourselves in a way that values what God has given us. We won’t get a day back once it’s spent. Slow down and make sure to see every detail of His kindness in your life at this moment. We never want to hurry past the good stuff.”

Slowing down has been difficult in our culture. Much of my life I’ve tried to work hard to make enough money, encourage others to have a work ethic and be respectful, all the while I’m operating out of my own guilt that I don’t measure up. We all want progress as quickly as possible because we want what we want when we want it. But slowing down to smell the roses is key to maturity.  Taking moments to appreciate, show gratitude, and enjoy what God has provided is essential to wisdom. Without reflection and appreciation, I think we are tempted to act foolishly and say stupid comments. Walking with God is a slow walk, but a long one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Somebody Prayed by Crowder

  Every night there by your bed You fold your hands and bow your head Throwing out another prayer in faith When you're wondering if He&#...