Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Anxiety 2

 I think I’ve learned a bit about my own anxiety through the endurance of the Covid shutdown. My witness of abusive and divisive comments by those I thought weee friends was astounding. Division in my own family about politics and Covid vaccines set me back to rethink my assumptions. I retired from a lot of school interaction and responsibility at that time which pout me in a tailspin. All of the bad memories of my past seemed to surface as I questioned what were normal stable markers in my life. But I’m learning that I cannot base my emotional stability on frail fragile people, even though they may profess faith. Our Father is the stable calming force, giving grace through the Holy Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...