Monday, August 7, 2023

Becoming 3

 One of my bigger sinful habits is being judgmental and critical in my mind. I may not always verbalize my opinions, and I hope I do not communicate a critical attitude. I can see the temptation to become a grumpy old man as our culture changes so much. Even though followers of Christ could be marginalized by the mainstream culture, I do not want to be part of any reactive fight, but be strengthened in love as a peacemaker. I sense that many Christians are hunkering down to hide from the world, building walls to protect themselves. My critical attitude is more toward such groups, and I do not want to slide into a sinful batter with critical chatter that leads to nothing. Thinking about how Jesus handled and would handle controversies in our culture helps clear my boggled confusion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 282

 Tests and trials are difficult to understand, and hard to endure. Paul could have been angry and bitter that he was in prison but he used h...