Friday, December 15, 2023

Gentle 7

 I’ve copied and pasted the following in my notes:


Not only are holiness and sinfulness mutually exclusive, but Christ, being perfectly holy, knows and feels the horror and weight of sin more deeply than any of us sinful ones could—just as the purer a man’s heart, the more horrified he is at the thought of his neighbors being robbed or abused. Conversely, the more corrupt one’s heart, the less one is affected by the evils all around. 


Watching the news, listening to others’ personal stories should be drawing more grief, pain, and empathy in me if I’m allowing Christ to have His way in my heart. If I’m callous and think I’m not as bad as they are, I’m not allowing Him to have His way with me. Jesus’ way is to have a steel spine of compassion, empathy and understanding rather than a cowardly rejection of being above any problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...