Sunday, March 3, 2024

Bible 64

 When I was 30 years old, 10 more seemed like a long time away. Raising kids with complicated schedules seemed difficult, but nothing like today’s management skills needed by parents. Life certainly passes by fast and we do not even realize that our time is slipping by. I hope that my grandkids have far more wisdom than I did at their age. One major theme in wisdom is to develop the long view of eternity which impacts our short term decisions. 

I took on the project of writing down the major events of my life, putting them into book form for my grandkids. I tried to think of the key events of my life, good and bad, along with lessons I’ve learned. I am hoping they each develop an expectation of what God will teach them throughout their lives.  I gave the book to them at Christmas S well as one to our sons. 

The following verses capture a few things in my life reflections:

”Lord, when you showed your favor, you made me stand like a strong mountain; when you hid your face, I was terrified.“

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭30‬:‭7‬ ‭

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...