Friday, April 26, 2024

Bible 119

 Following Christ is going against the grain of also many changing cultural values. Marketing schemes play on scarcity and fear that we don’t have enough in the future. If we really believe in God, we are assured that He will provide the grace and mercy we need. We still must work hard yet be gracious ourselves. As Nicky highlights, God is full of love and we can trust Him. We may still have opposition as did King David. But we can trust God totally. I want to be faithful despite what bumps in the road may be ahead. 

Nicky’s prayer can be our prayer:

 Lord, help me to finish well. May I be able to say at the end of my life, ‘I have followed the Lord my God wholeheartedly.’ Please fill me with the inner strength of the Holy Spirit as I seek to see Jesus’ new agenda fulfilled and the gospel preached in his name to all nations.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...