Saturday, April 13, 2024

John 13

 Following Christ is a process of cleansing. Turning from our  illusion of building kingdoms that promote ourselves into experiencing His kingdom is life changing. As we love Christ more, nothing is untouched. I worked with a guy who always responded that his day and his life was going ‘fantastic’. But I would hear him say such stuff just after he had ranted to me about a long list of complaints and grievances toward coworkers or g his home life. There seemed to be a disconnect. It was a great lesson for me to be authentic and congruent in what I say and the way I behave. 

God’s dream is the kingdom, that’s already clear. But what is not always clear is that God’s kingdom happens when human beings are empowered by God’s Spirit to do God’s kingdom work in the shape of a new community.” - Scot McKnight, One.Life: Jesus Calls, We Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 282

 Tests and trials are difficult to understand, and hard to endure. Paul could have been angry and bitter that he was in prison but he used h...