Monday, May 13, 2024

Inside Out 26

 Our culture is all about diluting definitions to long held traditional viewpoints. What God says is immoral and wrong seems to be no big deal by many. It’s as isfwe may be living in the Book of Judges. Sensing the evil temptations to diminish the power of God’s holiness and purity poisons our love for Him. The kingdoms of power, independence, self sufficiency, and prestige compete with the powerful kingdom of surrender and humility in Jesus. May you and I consistently search for the power of His kingdom and His righteousness, regardless of the temptations. 

A very simple way to guard your soul is to ask yourself, “Will this situation block my soul’s connection to God?” As I begin living this question I find how little power the world has over my soul. What if I don’t get a promotion, or my boss doesn’t like me, or I have financial problems, or I have a bad hair day? Yes, these may cause disappointment, but do they have any power over my soul? Can they nudge my soul from its center, which is the very heart of God? When you think about it that way, you realize that external circumstances cannot keep you from being with God. If anything, they draw you closer to him.” - John Ortberg, Soul Keeping: Caring For the Most Important Part of You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 282

 Tests and trials are difficult to understand, and hard to endure. Paul could have been angry and bitter that he was in prison but he used h...