Friday, May 24, 2024

Bible 147

 When I was in the classroom, it occurred to me the power of calling a student by their name. Being recognized as a valued individual with name recognition is part of developing a person’s identity. Recognizing the names of God in the Bible tells a lot about Him. Almighty God, Captain of Heaven’s Army, counselor, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace - on and in - God wants us to know Him. He is not some far off grumpy dictator, but One who lives us. Jesus is the friend of sinners. David wanted to defend and honor the name of the Lord and was so upset with everyone else. Recognizing who God is in our hearts is reassuring that His presence will never leave us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...