Monday, May 6, 2024

Inside Out 18

 I’m not sure how many wake up calls I’ve experienced in my life. Wake up calls for me are reminders of the brevity of life. When a death of a family member or close friend happens, grief can be overwhelming but each time shocks me realize the importance of living for what matters. When I was seven, my three year old brother drowned in a farm stock tank. My parents had a very difficult time recovering, and influenced me to look at life differently. There is a thin wall between life and death and we take much of our lives for granted. May our Father’s presence be experienced more and more, which leads through and in our grief. 

“God is not shocked or surprised that you are discouraged. He doesn’t wring his hands, wondering what to do next. He knows every struggle of discouragement in your heart. He knows your cries before you cry. He knew that you and I would be weak; that’s why he promised to be our strength. He has promised never to give up the battle for our hearts until that battle is finally won forever. This means he fights for us even when we have given up the fight. Our desire to follow him may weaken, but he will never give up or turn his back on us. He knows us because he made us, which is why he sent his Son to be for us what we could not be for ourselves and to do for us what we could not do on our own.” - Paul David Tripp, Suffering: Gospel Hope When Life Doesn't Make Sense


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 280

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...