Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Inside Out 19

My anxiety is directly tied to my ‘what if…list that is a mile long. I’m getting better but I get impatient when an issue isn’t resolved, leading to my what if list going into orbit. Trusting God in the here and now moments, practicing His presence as I sense my anxiety being ramped up, is the only remedy. Worrying about tomorrow does not help today. I can only handle what God has given me in this moment. I can only do what I can do today, and even then, my efforts rely on His grace and mercy. It all sound simple, but allowing myself to walk with God’s lead takes real effort and concentration. . 

“If your soul is healthy, no external circumstance can destroy your life. If your soul is unhealthy, no external circumstance can redeem your life.” -  John Ortberg, Soul Keeping: Caring For the Most Important Part of You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...