Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Inside Out 20

 Fighting pride is an everyday battle. I want to be well thought of by others and I slide into a prideful irritating rant when I’m seemingly dismissed. But our Father is gentle and humble, showing me that His relationship is far more important than any appearance before people or impression we WANT to make. His presence offers the wisdom and grace to handle each day’s new battle, showing us that our appearance must be concerned with the inner character qualities reflected by His presence. Self promotion and worrying about measuring up to others’ expectations become less important when I grasp His love. 

“God sees with utter clarity who we are. He is undeceived as to our warts and wickedness. But when God looks at us that is not all He sees. He also sees who we are intended to be, who we will one day become.” - John Ortberg, Love Beyond Reason

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 9

 Do you find it hard to describe yourself as a clay pot?  I used to believe in the statement: “When life gets tough, the tough get tougher!’...