Thursday, August 8, 2024

Peter 8

 As the election fever ramps ill, it seems like professing Christians are yelling louder. I’m wondering if the shouting of opinions is creating a false teaching that our hope is in our culture. Our Triune God has intervened with His kingdom and His righteousness. The noise in our culture drowns out the invitation to join in His eternal adventure. I want to listen to my Shepherd’s voice, filtering out what many say is important. I don’t want to be known for what I’m against but, instead the Kkngdom I’m for. 

“I don't want to end up a bureaucrat in the time-management business for God or a librarian cataloguing timeless truths. Salvation is kicking in the womb of creation right now, any time now. Pay attention.” - Eugene H. Peterson, The Pastor: A Memoir


No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncertainty 12

 What are you longing for, more than other things?  For me, the list is long and changes, depending on what is happening at the time. In a c...