Thursday, September 26, 2024

Vine 12

 I used to dream of being up front, noticed, known as a leader. But I’ve arrived at the conclusion that it is far important to be the quiet leader, unnoticed, in the background, encouraging the leaders of tomorrow as well as those who have been called or compelled to be in leadership. One cannot be a leader if no one is following. One cannot be a true leader if he/she is not replicating or improving the next leadership role. I hope I am not tempted to build my own kingdom nor participate in kingdoms that do not last. Only the kingdom that Jesus talked about will endure. 

“Why are so many supposed Christians sitting on the sidelines of the church, maybe even involved in the machinery of the church, but not wholeheartedly, passionately, sacrificially, and joyfully giving their lives to making disciples of all the nations? Could it be because so many people in the church have settled for superficial religion instead of supernatural regeneration?” - David Platt, Follow Me: A Call to Die. A Call to Live.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...