Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Vine 4

 Participating in the Lord’s supper is a solemn celebration of devotion and worship to our Savior. I’m so guilty of minimizing its importance. But I’ve also had special moments of deep reflection that changed the way I was thinking about my life. My negligence is often due to a hurried life, not taking the time for silence, solitude, and prayer. I get caught up in myself, ignoring the power and strength He offers with His presence. 

“The evidence is plain and irrefutable. The Lord's Supper, which was instituted by Jesus, and which is the only regular commemorative act authorized by him, dramatizes neither his birth nor his life, neither his words nor his works, but only his death.” - John RW Stott



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...