Sunday, October 13, 2024

Bible 288

 Do you sometimes feel alone in growing your faith and hope?  For the longest time while growing up and as a young parent, I felt alone in my struggle to balance a healthy mindset regarding my faith, a Biblical world view, and concern for others. That same premonition became full blown during Covid. Perhaps it was my retirement that led to a reset in my world view. How could so many church going people become angry with each other, prioritizing politics and opinions above what they had supposedly been taught in a church setting?  I think I’m getting a grasp on my own world view, but the rage continues for many. Fear, anxiety, and push back opinions are the norm for many who once considered themselves friends. I do not want to be a negative Ned, kicking the can about any issue. One take away from today is to be vigilant, not gullible to opinions. The encouragement by Paul and Jeremiah to stand firm in the truth, encouraging others, developing a community of safe followers of Christ with an eternal perspective. Pippa’s verse captures this mindset. “Psalm 119:35 says, ‘Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jonah 5

 Did Jonah think he was doing his best prior to God telling him to go to Nineveh?  Was he more committed to living up to the expectations by...