Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Uncertainty 4

 It is easy for me to allow a trial to become a trail that departs from where I should go. Tests and trials are sure to be a part of our journey, whether if our own doing or as a victim of circumstances beyond our control. What can we control during a test or trial?  It’s our response. Without tests and trials, I’d be a slug bug in my faith or become more self sufficient and arrogant than I already am. Following Christ is transformative and life changing. 

“I am not fated, I am not determined, I am not a lump of human dough whipped into shape by the contingent reinforcement and aversive conditioning of my past. I know as well as the next person that I cannot create my life de novo; I am well aware that much of what I am and what I do is a gift or a curse from my past. But when I make a promise to anyone I rise above all the conditioning that limits me.” - Lewis Smedes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...