Friday, October 4, 2024

Uncertainty 7

 Tests and trials define who we are. As we become new in our perspective and lifestyle, our life story changes from what we thought it might be. How has your life story changed over time?  How is Gid changing you in the here and now moments?  For me, I can see why many older Americans get negative. Their pursuits in life ended empty, even though they may have accumulated power and possessions. Having it all compared to the rest of the world is not enough. Learning to surrender to the King of kings and Lord of all is a humble turn in life that never stops. 

“Dear God,

I am so afraid to open my clenched fists!

Who will I be when I have nothing left to hold on to?

Who will I be when I stand before you with empty hands?

Please help me to gradually open my hands

and to discover that I am not what I own,

but what you want to give me.” - Henri J.M. Nouwen, The Only Necessary Thing: Living a Prayerful Life


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bible 230

 Over thinking and over complicating my faith in Christ has been a problem. Either I am not thinking how my faith will apply to a situation,...