Friday, December 2, 2022

Christmas 12/12

 

I often wonder if American Christians (primarily myself) trivialize Jesus by the way I live.  Christ is a nice add on to the list of good things I congratulate myself about.  But Jesus should be preeminent in absolutely everything about me, changing my purpose for living each day.  Christmas is a tradition for most of us, but I hope we deepen our commitment to Him during this Advent, helping us appreciate His love all the more in our lives.  

“He was born in an animal shed to an unwed mother from a backwater town. His entourage at birth consisted of shepherds and farm animals. He didn't overthrow the Romans, though He was and is sovereign over emperors. He didn't come with military might, though He is the Lord of hosts and could call down 12 legions of angels at any time. He didn't establish a mighty nation or people in His lifetime, though His kingdom shall last forever, and every knee shall bow to Him.

Jesus Christ was the Messiah who would set His people from every tribe, tongue, and nation free. He would rescue us from the curse of Genesis three and all the effects of sin on the world. He came to undo the curse, to redeem and renew, and finally, to make all things.” - Barnabas Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 7 -10

 Seeing injustice and unfair treatment is easy to identify, especially among children. There eyes are very perceptive to what is fair and wh...