Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Psalm 23-9

It sounds simple that God will provide comfort through His presence. But I have found His presence to be just that - comfort and assurance. He promises to NEVER leave us or forsake us. When my Dad was killed in a car accident in 1975, I knew that God was present. I had a lot of ‘why this has to happen’ questions, but His presence was constant. There have been many crises and chaotic events since, but He has been there. Even though my fears about the future loom in my mind, I am confident He will always be there. 

“I finally realized that embracing God’s hard will with a grateful spirit is the highest expression of faith in him and the most glorious experience a Christian can have.” - Joni Eareckson Tada, The Practice of the Presence of Jesus: Daily Meditations on the Nearness of Our Savior

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 2

 Most everyone is worrying about the next election. To add to anxiety, the world is full of chaos that includes war and economic dependence ...