Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Psalm 3

 David experienced opposition and rebellion from his own son. The grief and chaos he felt had to be overwhelming. I wonder if he questioned himself, thinking he should have done things different as a parent. David’s lust for women had to be a contributing factor to the strife between his children. Even though he has demonstrated integrity in so many areas of his life, he had left a gap in this area. David’s grief over his son and the lack of communication wore on him. In contrast, God our Father grieves over our rebellion and reluctance to communicate with Him. But He has clearly communicated His love for us. 


“I confess that I am simply not changed enough by the great truths of the Gospel that I profess to believe with all my heart. Show me the specific gaps between my faith and my practice, and empower me to close them. Amen.” - Timothy Keller, The Songs of Jesus: A Year of Daily Devotions in the Psalms

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalm 7 -10

 Seeing injustice and unfair treatment is easy to identify, especially among children. There eyes are very perceptive to what is fair and wh...